The Lakeport Fire Protection District would like to remind the property owners of our District the importance of weed abatement to prevent potential fire hazards in our community.
Taking the initiative to abate your property would assist our District in future necessary follow-up to reduce fire danger. We would appreciate your efforts and co-operation of weed abatement on your property as soon as possible.
If you would like to have your property or home inspected for fire safety or if you have any questions please call Lakeport Fire Protection District at (707) 263-4396.
Brush and Weed Clearance around Structures
- Any property within 30 feet of any structure shall maintain a firebreak, within 30 feet of the structure by removing and clearing away all brush and weeds. – This does not apply to single specimens of trees, ornamental shrubbery or similar plants which are used as ground cover, if they do not form a means of rapidly transmitting fire from the native growth to any building or structure.
- Any property that is located from 30 feet to 100 feet of any structure shall maintain on all that real property a firebreak by removing and clearing away all brush and weeds.
Weed Abatement Sources
- Chad Parlee (707) 245-5025
- Vincent Rabers- ABC- Landscape, Construction, Maintenance 707-838-1942 707-228-4584
- Joe - Yard Clean Up-Weed eating 707-350-1347
- Terra Tech Excavating - Lot Clearing - 707-972-4997
- Tony Bordessa Construction 707-350-9675
- JC & RC Lawn, Yard & Tree Service Lot Clearing 707-349-6727
- Lyons Vegetation Management Specialists "Mowing-pruning-fire control-grinding Cell: 349-4315
- Timberline Land Mgt.- Brush Removal- Fire Defensible space Ricky Junker Cell:357-0954 (eves)
- Creekside Landscaping 707-744-1912
- Robert's Handyman Service Yard Clean Up 707-696-1686
- Cen's Landscaping Service 707-962-0189
- Dave Buckner - Mowing- 707-263-4787 (leave message)
- High Point Landscaping - Larry Hampton- 707-933-6537
Documents and Guidelines
Burn Permit Info